GREENVILLE, S.C. — The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, led by head coach and director of hockey operations, Kevin Kerr, have released the 2020 Protected List. The following 24 players have been protected by the club in the first milestone date of the offseason.
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association (PHPA) which state that all teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
- Signed an SPC in 2019–20 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Signed an SPC in 2019–20, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2019–20 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
- Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3:00 p.m. ET on June 12, and that teams must submit the Season-Ending Roster by 3:00 p.m. ET on June 15.Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2019–20.
SEASON TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!Support the Swamp Rabbits and get the best price on tickets for the 2020–21 season. Take part in team events and get some sweet benefits, starting at just $450 per seat, or just $12.50 per game.GEAR UP!Check out the brand-new "Greenville Strong" and "Our State" t-shirts, with proceeds going to the ECHL's COVID-19 Relief Fund, or the GGHA, depending on the shirt design. Head to the Hop Shop online today and give 'em a look.